Thursday, October 5, 2006

More paintings


Well leave it to me......I finally got back to the studio yesterday to put the finishing touches on a couple more paintings started at Colony. I was putting away pint jars of paint, etc. and just used my foot to push a carton out of the way. I promise, it was not that heavy...but I immediately felt something strange and I had a pulled something in the left upper hip. Now I ask you, have you ever pulled anything THERE? Not I. I'm still kinda moving around like an old lady (no comments on that) getting up and down. And the Aleve commercials on TV ...I remember it being such a miracle. Let me tell you it doesn't work on pulled muscles in the upper hip.

Today the plan is to take a couple of photos of two more paintings I think are finished.....wish I could think of some titles that would show some variety, but so far...nothing. I'm getting tired of the same ole, same ole. Any ideas?

If I get them done early, I'll post with this blog entry.

Well...I hauled them out to the fence with the appropriate black felt background. I took slides and digitals and then came in to work on them for the blog. The high-res images look great on my monitor but the re-sized for the web ones are "pixelated" looking. I even decided to use less sharpening but that didn't help either. I don't know why as it should be the other way around on pixelation. I'm posting the two anyway....the horizontal one (30 x 40) also has the cobalt blue under-painting but in this one, it hardly shows. The other (48 x 36) has a quinacridone gold under-painting. Golden no longer makes this color so I might as well use it up...one more pint jar to go.

5 comments:

  1. Cheryl, those are so beautiful! Especially the second painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Colony was good for you. I can relate to the sprung hip... I have a sprung shoulder muscle that came from my last therapy session when they showed me the machines to use at the Y... Yikes, I over did it and can hardly turn my head in the morning. All we can say is "This too, shall pass."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, guys. Yes, I always get a lot of work done at colony...some more finished than others. I still have six of the small 16 x 16's to work on next. And the soreness is a little better today if I don't turn wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ni-i-i-ice. I'm coming up dry on titles this morning. Maybe after another cup of coffee! I even looked at my long list that I keep, and didn't feel particularly inspired about any of those. Not a good sign.

    Here's a trick -- look at random blogs and scan down through entry titles. Sometimes one will jump out at you and spark something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea, Martha.........I hate titling work but I think it needs more than "untitled # xyz". Sometimes I'm reading and certain phrases or words jump out at me and I try to find a pen to write them down........BUT them keeping up with all the little notes :>/

    ReplyDelete