Monday, March 3, 2008

Golden Yellow






Well........I did it, went for some real color in the front bedroom at the farm. I call it squash and Curry keeps calling it pumpkin. It is NOT orange but it is a warm yellow, perhaps a tad brighter than I thought but what the heck. I'm using pale to medium neutrals everywhere else so far.

The door in this picture leads out to an eastern exposure porch with a swing and a ceiling fan.....Another reason to need a warm color is that northeastern exposure. Now I'm thinking to add gray or a black and white pattern with lots of creamy white for the fabrics. It may take some time as I'll proabably have to haul out the old sewing machine with the dust balls gathering on it to do this.

6 comments:

  1. Good choice!!! Bright, perky, warm and welcoming. The house has beautiful detail... great fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good color -- and your choices of accent colors will look amazing. Lucky you, to have a farm hoouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary and Karen. Yes, it can be fun but these days I have kind of a one track mind needing to paint and all the other stuff comes up.

    Just back from a 600 mile round trip to Austin to deliver a commission........but with check in envelope :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, warm color. And bold is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try popping in a tiny purple complement with the black and white. I saw a bedroom in Birmingham once with those colors. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My very thoughts, Annette. In fact I "really" planned to paint the room "SW violet ash" but then impulsively went the opposite since it's a north east facing room.

    ReplyDelete