Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday at Casa Rondini



June 7

This day (Saturday) started with a lot of fog....I just turned over and went back to sleep. I was up early looking out due to that darn humongous crow or whatever he is pecking on the glass of the French doors in the kitchen again.He starts about 5-6 am. The only day he hasn't wakened us this week is the day we beat him up at 4:30 am to get ready for Rome.

Internet came back on so I uploaded some blog entries and downloaded to the laptop pictures from a couple of days. It looked like another good day for a pot of lentils so I did that as well.

A lot of the day is spent packing bags to see what will fit, and especially what will go in checked or carry-on baggage. Hum...what to wear now for the next couple of days???

The pictures for today were really made at the Vatican Museum in Rome yesterday.............those Romans sure did love their baths. This is not the largest of the tubs they have displayed there. Looks like a big party could be held in some of these....and probably was.

4 comments:

  1. OMG Cheryl, I think I bumped into you at Trevi Fountain. I think I even spoke and said good luck or something. I think we were both shooting pictures at the same time. My husband and I were on our way back to our room and I stopped for one last time to shoot another photo of the Fountain. I recognized your you just now from your tub photo. How funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.....wouldn't that have been a hoot to meet up with a PR and TX artist by accident in Rome at the Trevi Fountain. IT IS a small world, huh!

    We're back at the Rome airport hotel heading back early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip back. We got back Sunday night. Still recouping and getting all the laundry and stuff out of the way so I can start painting. Did you stand under the Sistine Chapel frescos and just try to soak up all the left over inspiration???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost ready to go to sleep...or try, since it will be a long haul home. I did soak in inspiration all over Italy. We only made a day trip to Rome so the Vatican Museum and Sistine were the main part of that trip due to time. I'll be facing the same thing when I get home...
    Good to "almost" see and meet you.

    ReplyDelete