Friday, August 22, 2008

Confident Color

Last week I was looking through my art books with the thought of starting to pack them up for the move to the farm. It suddenly hit me again..........MY WORK IS ON THE COVER OF THIS WONDERFUL BOOK by Nita Leland,(The New Creative Artist, revised).

And, it's happening again for the second time for her new book, Confident Color: An Artist's Guide to Harmony, Contrast and Unity.

Without a formal art education, I haunted the library and bookstores for books on art technique. Nita Leland's books were among my favorites. To think that my work is now in the place Edward Betts work was for the cover of first Creative Artist... awesome is an understatement. I never met Betts although I always loved his work and read many articles he wrote for magazines or where he was quoted in books. Many of the artists who have been featured in these books I've now met going to shows, working within organizations, etc. It's still amazing to me when I stop to think about it.

So when I was contacted last week by Art To Art Palette about my thoughts on being featured in Nita's newest book on color, the stars must have all be in alignment or something.

Karen Jacobs has a great comment on the book and being included in her blog a few days ago...thanks for the plug, Karen.

Most of all, thank you , Nita Leland, for writing some wonderful and inspirational books. I am so proud to be included with all the other fine artists in this latest publication. I'm waiting impatiently for it to be available in bookstores.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations again, Cheryl! That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Martha. I'm pretty excited myself. Can't wait to see the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,

    On behalf of the Art-to-Art Palette, I thank you for your contributing artist comments about your participation in "Confident Color" by Nita Leland of Dayton, Ohio.

    Once the book has hit the shelves, I will be looking for your review of the book.

    As ever,
    Ben

    "All our talents increase in the using, and every faculty, both good or bad, strengthens by exercise." Anne Bronte {1820-1849} English writer and poet

    ReplyDelete