Saturday, April 18, 2009

Encaustic work progress


I got some work done today in the studio on that 24 x 24" encaustic I had going. It has more cohesiveness now. Who knows what I will do or not next? I'll mull it over. The photo isn't that great....it came out dark and with too much of a sienna cast so I manually fiddled with it in PSP but I'm not that good at working with images like this. It's rainy, stormy, dark today so I won't take a real shot of it until I'm sure it's finished and I have a good day outside to shoot it.

I should be gathering all my stuff for colony.........I'm just a slug to day so I haven't done much but pile up some stuff. I think I'll run to Dallas tomorrow with Carolyn my art buddy in the next town.....go to TX WAX Dallas meeting at the new encaustic center two members have opened there in Richardson. Guess then I'll HAVE to get to work loading stuff as Monday is the last day for all this.

Wheee.....then off to Colony bright and early Tuesday morning to paint and talk up a lot of art for the rest of the week.

Listening to the Eagles........Long Road Out of Eden.

2 comments:

  1. Love this work :) Very loose & painterly! I'm sure it is much richer in person.... encaustic has such depth. Have fun at your art reatreats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ruth.........I'm going to have a fabulous time at Colony. Will try to post now and then but we stay busy.

    ReplyDelete