Thursday, April 23, 2009

Retreat update



Almost time for Happy Hour.............but I wanted to post a couple of paintings I've been working on here at MsArtColony. Wonderful session. Time is flying by.

Got to tell the story about the first one ...gray one. I decided to get away from some of my comfort zones and not tone my canvas or draw anything at all in with charcoal. I used paint from a palette that was drying up and I thought I would get some imagery from something there in the studio. SO, I decided to paint Larry at the easel.......great shapes there I thought. SO I got all ready to go, dipped my brush in dark paint, looked up and Larry had vanished. So I just painted the 'empty easel'. I guess no one but me or one of my studio mates would know but I KNOW. Guess that's a close to a figure as I'm gonna get.

No comments:

Post a Comment