Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25

Man....can't believe how much trouble I had downloading my old diary program. They had quit the old freebie version I used for making notes and adding to my blog. AND, being a newbie to Vista I couldn't find the darn file after I downloaded it to unzip it. FINALLY, I just downloaded it to the desktop and went from there fine.

I like using this program (Advanced Diary 1.3) because I can sometimes get bumped off the internet while writing to the blog and then lose everything. This way I write, copy, paste and voila.

I have been struggling a little with new computer, new software etc. so not a lot of time to think of something for the blog. I am working (somewhat)...I made a trip to Dallas for almost a week and went to the opening of the new Encaustic Center up in Richardson last Friday...I was one of many of the TxWaxDallas group who did mini demos of how we paint our own style of encaustic paintings.

I have a couple of new encaustic paintings going and need to get to work on more. this group is 'cooking'......lots of exhibits coming up for us. The next one titled, Meltdown, will be at the Art Hotel Gallery located at 1-30 @ Akard sometime toward the end of June..with work due mid June. The next one after that is the re-opening show for the beautiful Fair Park Discovery Gardens building. I need all new work for that show, titled, Global Swarming. Mixed in there is the show at the Tarrant County Community College S/E gallery which will be hung around September 10.

We still have a myriad of small and large projects going and winding down around the farm/ranch as well. Not much time to sit on the porch lately but that time is coming.

I'll get a few pics up soon.....promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment