Sunday, November 1, 2009

Painting on a sunny day


After a really good day of sleeping late (good time change to fall back), I had a lazy day baking bread and just generally lazing around. I finally did get up to my studio. I have two paintings started up there. One of these was weird for me..I threw paint on it, graphite, sprayed it to seal up the graphite and then had to head home from Colony. Colony was a whole week of rain although a wonderful painting trip.........I've been waaaay tired of rain. Anyway, the start was a rainy day painting, this is a sunny day painting.

The past couple of days we have had the good old autumn cool days with SUN. Anyway, this is just to let you know why I planned to title this painting, "Rejoice in a Sunny Day". Well, best intentions...the picture was taken in cool light and shade and so the colors are waaaay off. If they aren't that is not going to be the title. I'll go back up and see if it 'died' tomorrow. If so, I'll have to work on it again or change the intended title that popped into my head.

This is just a quick pic taken off the porch of the studio..........more later in better light if all goes well....cause this does not look sunny in this picture.

Happy November 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment