Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Some conference pictures and such

I am SO bad. Not taking pictures at the 4th Annual Encaustic Conference......at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly MA. I will say that I had difficulties as I mentioned before. I got all my stitches removed today and hope I am well on my way to totally mending.

I signed up for a workshop with the phenomenal Daniella Woolf on Tuesday after the conference........emphasizing words and text. The workshop was called A WAY WITH WORDS.  She had so many tips for using encaustic and words/text in you paintings.  I got carried away with painting and did my own thing using some of her methods and mostly just my own.

Thea Haubrich, a wonderful Canadian artist, and a member of International Encaustic Artists (IEA) was more objective than I and remembered to take a lot of pictures.
http://picasaweb.google.com/THaubrich/AwayWithWords?authkey=Gv1sRgCK2RgN_F-bebbQ#http://picasaweb.google.com/THaubrich/AwayWithWords?authkey=Gv1sRgCK2RgN_F-bebbQ#

It's wonderful she even has some captions for a lot of the pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. It reminded me of things I would have forgotten.

Here's one of the images of the work she collaged on the hot palette and then lifted up. THIS gives me lots of ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I am not an encaustic artist, but I love the look of the medium and fascinated by the process. Your work is great and I really appreciate seeing all the work that goes into creating them.Thank you for sharing this.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter, Eva. An artist is an artist first and the medium is just a way to get to where you want to take your work.
    Process is such a wonderful thing..encaustic really does draw you in with all the layering and scraping, fusing and layering. You get lost in it and it slows me down. This is sometimes good. I love my acrylic painting as well.

    ReplyDelete