Saturday, January 22, 2011

Good and bad

Another good, sunny day around here. It's really nice to have after all the gray, drizzly ones. However, I guess even sunny days don't bestow good painting days every time. This was one of those days.

Not that it was terribly bad...........but I just don't feel good yet about what I want on this panel. That's what I get for having an inkling of an idea to start with. I gotta tell you I HATE themes. I had an idea for something along the lines of a show to enter for later in the year.....but ideas just never look and feel like what you thought they would. Oh well... if these don't work out... I have something else that I can enter in that show.

I haven't even done anything to the other panel but prep and lay down the first layers of plain medium. Maybe I should get over to it and work and leave this one alone.

2 comments:

  1. I tend to bounce back and forth between projects because the more I am working on one my ideas seem to get jumbled up, don't come at all or just don't look right to me. It will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what you mean, Connie. I usually work on two or more paintings at a time...then comes the time when one just takes over to get more done to it than the other(s). The problem is 'themes'...I hate trying to tell myself how to progress on a painting for the sake of someone else's theme. Hence, I don't enter many shows of this kind.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete