Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Progress

I got back to the studio and that painting looked better in the light of a new day. However, I decided to forget about theme show stuff and just lay down paint. I worked on the other prepped panel with other colors. So far neither are finished but I will get back to them later.

For the past two days I've been working on a 48 x 48 acrylic canvas..............got  a couple of layers on with a detail pic and a distance pic.... Will post more when it gets more layering of paint.  Looks like another Meander series painting to me....we will see as I progress but the bones are there.

two layers

detail of work

4 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic...I always feel a kind of milk weed feeling with these meander paintings....maybe just me! I love the pallet in this one especially, of course I know tomorrow may change it! tee heee oh how I know these things well!!!! Good ones Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha....you are SO right, Cathy. Another layer, possibly another painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this painting!
    it is very appealing!
    Thanks for posting this!

    Please look at my ART Blog at:
    www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sue. BTW... my blog has now moved to a wordpress site contained on my website. http://www.cherylmcclure.com/blog-johnson-creek-studio/
    Thanks for visiting and writing about the painting.

    ReplyDelete